Wednesday 16 May 2012

Chief Comforter and Canine Handkerchief

Missus and I finally got round to watching the movie 'Marley and Me' on the telly. There are four things I want to mention about this experience.
  1. It made me realise how well behaved I am compared to some dogs--this is an observation and not a boast (me being such a modest soul, of course).
  2. I not only got to have a movie-length snuggle up to Missus on the sofa during the day, but my coat nearly got worn out with her intense stroking.
  3. This is the first time I've ever seen Missus with tears rolling down her cheeks in front of the telly, because Marley's death reminded her of Jemma Labrador's departure from this world five years ago.      
  4. It confirmed to me that caring owners are as devoted to their dog as their dogs are to them.
PS I don't mind being used as a handkerchief, as long as it doesn't delay my supper.


2 comments:

  1. Jen does that kinda stuff too. I'm not one to like to cuddle much, but I'm always close by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW Brunella, there's a weekend pet bloggers hop every weekend. It's hosted by Life with Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers and Nip and Bones. Check it out next Saturday and maybe join the fun.

    ReplyDelete